The Spokane region, with over 8,000 employed in airframe production, is the nation’s fifth largest aerospace cluster and the second largest in the state of Washington. A diversified supply and service chain, and a highly skilled workforce, equips the region to support and grow new business within the industry.
- More than 120 manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and organizations related to the worldwide aerospace industry
- Leading industry segments:
- Aircraft parts manufacturing
- Auxiliary equipment manufacturing
- Aircraft manufacturing and support activities for air transportation
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
- Community Colleges of Spokane, in partnership with Spokane’s regional manufacturers, has committed and developed a robust, highly-trained and work-ready pool of employees for aerospace and advanced manufacturing.
- Several thousand acres owned by Spokane International Airport immediately adjacent to Interstate 90 and rail service, can be leased on a long-term basis (up to 50 years) or purchased. Facilities can be built-to-suit or privately financed and constructed.
- Municipal commitments for fast-track permitting – countywide
- State aerospace incentives are available here.
- AIR Spokane
Avista Corp., Community Colleges of Spokane, Greater Spokane Incorporated, City of Spokane, Spokane County and Spokane International Airport make up partner on the Aerospace Initiative for Recruitment (AIR) Spokane, which is focused on recruitment, retention and expansion of the regional aerospace industry.
- The Inland Northwest Aerospace Consortium (INWAC)
INWAC is a regional alliance of advanced manufacturers, service providers, and affiliates that work in concert to support the growth and success of the Inland Northwest aerospace cluster.
- Aerospace Futures Alliance
AFA works to raise the public profile of Washington’s aerospace industry, secure sound public policy to support the industry and form a more cohesive aerospace community.
- Washington Aerospace Partners
The Washington Aerospace Partnership is a collaboration of business, labor and government leaders working together to ensure Washington State continues to be a thriving global leader in aerospace excellence.
Meet Spokane Aerospace Companies:
- ALTEK, a provider of custom manufacturing solutions for businesses in the medical, aerospace and industrial equipment industries.
- L&M Precision Fabrication, a full service precision sheet metal forming and machining manufacturer supplying metal, plastic and composite parts and assemblies to a wide range of customers worldwide. Modern CNC equipment and ISO 9001:2008/AS 9100 quality management system make us a leading supplier of precision metal, plastic and composite products.
Aerospace in Spokane
Join us on Spokane’s Aerospace Corridor
Contact Industry Manager, Stan Key, 509.321.3640.