Energy / Clean Technology / Environmental
Known as the Evergreen State, Washington State’s economy embraces clean technologies, business-driven energy efficiency and environmental solutions. As a region, Spokane is leading the way in creating innovative and exciting best practices.
Our region is fortunate to be home to a number of globally, regionally and nationally significant companies in a variety of sectors that provide services and products in areas as diverse as:
- Metering and communication solutions
- Energy and utility management solutions
- Power system protection and monitoring
- Energy and hydrogen fuel cell storage
- Smart building construction
- Solar solutions
- Environmental control and waste-to-value solutions
- Energy auditing
- Spokane has been named a regional Smart Grid Center of Excellence.
- The greater Spokane region is home to over 20 environmental services firms.
- Spokane’s higher education system includes five universities and two community colleges.
- Washington State University is leading research in energy and the environment in Smart Grid, renewables, bio-fuels, precision agriculture, air and water.
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is a DOE research facility with a focus on energy and environmental research and solutions.