The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), is both part of the national Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP), and a program of Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI). PTAC has a mission to help businesses of all sizes and across all industries find, bid on, and win government contracts. The PTAC at GSI has a service area covering 11 counties in Eastern Washington: Adams, Asotin, Douglas, Ferry, Garfield, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Stevens, Spokane, and Whitman.
In 2016, Washington State companies reported winning more than $453 million
in Local, State, and Federal contracts while working with PTAC.
PTAC provides guidance to businesses through the entire process of government contracting. PTAC works with businesses regardless of their prior contracting experience and provides assistance through one-on-one counseling, educational workshops, networking events, and more. GSI membership is not a requirement to work with PTAC and there is no cost to any PTAC assistance.
PTAC helps businesses in a variety of areas, though the most common are:
- Determining if government contracting is a good fit for a business
- Assessing the public marketplace for an industry
- Understainding how the government purchases specific goods and services
- Understanding which registrations and certifications a business should or can have
- How to market to the government
- Where to find opportunities
- Understanding regulations, lingo, and acronyms
The PTAC at GSI is one of eight sub-centers of Washington PTAC. Your PTAC Counselor at GSI is Ryan Rodin. Please feel free to contact him if you need assistance.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.