Business & Professional Services
Business & Professional Services businesses thrive in the Spokane region. From New Geography’s “Best Cities Rankings” report on the U.S. cities creating the most white collar jobs in 2016, the Spokane-Spokane Valley MSA jumped to #17 for 2016, up 28 spots from #45 in 2015. The MSA is the highest ranked mid-sized MSA in Washington state.
The dozen universities and colleges in the area, and Fairchild Air Force Base’s retirees and military spouses supply an educated and dependable workforce. The region is also very safe from natural disasters.
- Largest jobholder group is 25 to 34 years of age
- Workforce training incentives
- Customer Service Associate Certificate Program at Community Colleges of Spokane
- Great four season recreation draws energetic workforce
- Cost of doing business is 18% lower than the national average
- Cost of living is 6% below the national average
- 20 minute average commute; good public transit available
- No corporate or personal income tax
Meet a Spokane Engineering Company:
- Lambie Engineering, Inc. specializes in FANUC robotics integration and machine automation for lean manufacturing. Lambie Engineering also has worked on projects for companies including Whirlpool Corp., Kenworth Truck Company and The Boeing Company.
More Spokane Success Stories:
600 jobs in new 60,000 sf building in Liberty Lake’s Meadowwood Tech Campus
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
400 Jobs - 64,000 sf expansion on the Meadowwood Tech Campus
- Alorica Corp.
75 jobs – wins new elite service contract
- Fanueil, Inc.
60 Jobs - New center for Washington’s Health Benefit Exchange
- Providence Health & Services
150 jobs - Multi-State consolidation of billing services
Contact Industry Manager Wendy Smith, 509.321.3644