Manufacturing & Advanced Manufacturing
Manufacturing has long been an economic driver in Washington State. In Spokane County, the industry continues to strengthen.
- More than 600 manufacturing businesses
- Workforce that exceeds 15,000 - accounting for more than 7% of the area’s employment base
- Leading sectors in our region include:
- Aerospace products
- Aluminum casting
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Paper and plastic products
- Structural and other metal products
- Local Technical degrees
- Machine/CNC Technology
- Welding and Fabrication
- Electronics Engineering
- Biomedical Equipment Technician
- Electrical Maintenance and Automation
- Low utility costs
- Spokane International Airport, BNSF and Union Pacific rail service, I-90, US-2, US-395, US-195
- An educated and available labor pool supported by the engineering disciplines offered by local public and private universities, as well as the offerings of Community Colleges of Spokane.
See General Manufacturing, Food Manufacturing, CEZ
Meet Advanced Manufacturers in the Spokane region:
- AccraFab, a world class precision fabrication and contract manufacturing business which supplies customers in many industries worldwide with custom fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Novation, a leader in surface finishing from small prototype runs to high volume production. Their 35,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility provides flexibility and process capabilities to ensure quick turnaround.
Contact Industry Manager Stan Key, 509.321.3640.