About Make It Spokane®
A nimble, community-centered organization dedicated to business vitality in Northeast Spokane.
Make it Spokane®, the Northeast Public Development Authority is facilitating the expansion of a business incubator and innovation zone—a thriving center of commercial, manufacturing, artisan, and entrepreneurial activity.
Economic development, job recruitment, and local business growth are the ways Make It Spokane® is creating the brighter side of Washington.
Major transportation upgrades, like the $1.5 billion North Spokane Corridor Project, place the Northeast of Spokane at the intersection of accessibility and progress. With improved connectivity, the Northeast becomes a land of opportunity and possibility.
With its roots in innovation and strong forward momentum, Northeast Spokane is one of eastern Washington’s premier urban industrial neighborhoods and a Federal Opportunity Zone. There is a rich history of industry and rail transportation. From 1892 to 1982, the area served as a leading terminal for The Great Northern railroad where locomotives were built and repaired on-site. Today, development and economic opportunities continue to thrive in and around downtown Hillyard.
Interested in learning more or selecting a site?
Key Data Points:
- Federal Qualified Opportunity Zone
- Hillyard Brownfield Redevelopment Opportunity Zone
- Local incentives including Manufacturing Machinery & Equipment, and Sales and Use Tax Exemption
- Market Access: NAFTA corridor, Class One Rail services and spur access, T-1 Truck Distribution Route
- Over 500 acres of heavy and light industrial zoned property
- Close Proximity to Several Colleges and Trade Schools
- Northeast Spokane has Great Shopping and Dining; or Downtown, a Short 10-Minute Drive Away, for Unique Shopping, and Entertainment Options
- 4.5 Hour Drive Time to Seattle, 5.5 Hours to Portland, and 8.0 Hours to Calgary
- 30-Day Average Permit Turnaround
The North Spokane Corridor is Coming!
September 27, 2019
The Spokesman-Review. By: Nicholas Deshais. With another section of the North Spokane Corridor complete, freeway is on track to be finished in 10 years. The North Spokane Corridor is on track to be complete in 2029, and "five big projects" buildin... READ MORE